Clifford Pyron, GPA, is Guest Speaker at Lunch & Learn
Clifford R.Pyron, Chief Commercial Officer of Georgia Ports Authority presented a power-point presentation on "The State of Savannah Port" at the Savannah Traffic Club's Lunch and Learn Program on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 at the Crosswinds Golf Club. There were approximately eighty people present, both members and non-members representing over 50 different companies in the logistics and transportation industry and related fields. Grille 19 (inside The Crosswinds Golf Club) prepared and served lunch.
In summary, Mr. Pyron stated the following points:
* GPA is owner and operator of the terminal.
* Largest single-terminal container facility in the U.S.
* Ranked 4th among U.S. ports in container volume.
* The most global services among U.S. Southeast and Gulf ports.
* One-of-a-kind intermodal infrastructure locatd on-terminal; served by CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern Railroad.
* Largest concentration of retail import DCs along the East Coast.
* Fast and convenient access to interstate highways and rail services.
STC President, David "Fish" Mihuta of Freightliner of Savannah, presented Mr. Pyron a wall plaque on behalf of the Savannah Traffic Club in recognition of his contribution to the STC's quarterly "Lunch and Learn" series.